Monday 14 July 2014

Quote-tastic(#39): Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs

This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!


It is Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.
This week I chose a quote from one of my favorite series that I started to re-read... It's also a bit spoilerish :D

Clicking on the cover sends you to the book's GR page



“Crep, strep, venefica est mortua,” she told him.
“What is dead?” he asked her, then he thought about the tune and smiled.
“Ding, dong, the witch is dead,” she clarified, taking the seat next to him. “And so is a good man. Do we celebrate or mourn?”
“That’s always the question,” he told her.
She stretched her fingers out on the table. “He was a good man, you know? He deserved a happy ending.”
He covered her fingers with his own, searching for the right words, but they didn’t come.
After a moment, she leaned her forehead against his shoulder. “You could have died.”
“Yes.”
“Me, too.”
“Yes.”
“I think I’ll take the happy ending he gave us and make it matter.” She wrapped both arms around him fiercely. “I love you.”
He turned and pulled her onto his lap. His arms were shaking, and he was very careful not to hold her so hard he might hurt her. “I love you, too.”

To learn more about Patricia Briggs and her work go to her websitefacebook and twitter.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, this is intriguing! My Quite-Tastic: http://takeawalkonthewriteside.blogspot.it/2014/07/quote-tastic-14072014.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely series if you want to try it :)

    ReplyDelete